High performance for winter - the ecological wetsuit without neoprene made of 85% natural Yulex rubber protects from water temperatures of 3°-9° C.
3 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Patagonia does not manufacture its ecological wetsuits from petroleum-based neoprene, but from the plant based Yulex® material. The natural material is as elastic as the classic neoprene. Processing eco-friendly rubber reduces CO2 emissions in the manufacture of eco-friendly diving suits by about 80 percent. The rubber comes from sources certified by the Rainforest Alliance with the Forest Stewardship Council®. Your Patagonia R4 Yulex men's wetsuit with front zipper and hood is made in a Fair Trade Certified ™ factory.
Mixture of materials: 85% Yulex® rubber and 15% synthetic rubber.
Patagonia's R4® Yulex® material is a mixture of natural rubber and chlorine-free synthetic rubber. The mixture offers many advantages:
- The compound increases the material's resistance to ozone and UV rays.
- Ecological Dive Suits meet Patagonia's high standards of endurance and durability.
- The seams are made of extremely elastic polyester for optimal fit and maximum flexibility.
- The pieces are glued with the water-based adhesive AquaA™.
-The front zipper does not rust, the Salmi® zipper can be replaced so that the suit has a longer life.
- Supratex knee pads increase comfort and durability.
- All seams are triple and internally glued.
What is Yulex?
Renewable organic rubber comes from Hevea trees that have been making rubber for more than 30 years. This material replaces non-renewable neoprene and reduces CO2 consumption during production by about 80 percent. The raw materials come from FSC-certified sources. Natural rubber is also used for aircraft tyres, among other things. It is more stable and flexible than synthetic rubber. The advantages of this material make it ideal for ecological diving suits. Order your Patagonia R4® Yulex® for men now at our online surf shop!
Patagonia R4® Yulex® Men's Ecological Scuba Wetsuit Properties
- torso and thigh area: 5.5 mm material thickness
- Arms and legs: 4 mm
- Hood: 3,5 mm
- Adjustable hood opening
- Front zipper makes dressing and undressing easy
- Ideal for water temperatures of 3°-9° C.
Kun_tiqi's Surfboard Wax is your eco friendly alternative, made of 100%...
This is the Eco Surfboard Leash you can surely rely on! Recycled nylon...
Wooden Wax Comb. Made of FSC certified european wood.
Repair your broken leash with spare parts from Kun_tiqi. Get this...
Surf and Travel Guide to Southwest Europe (France, Portugal, Spain) with...
EicoPrene replaces neoprene: The...